Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Cabin

Summer classes ended for Eddie, Yeah! So he took a couple days off work and we headed up north for a little cooler weekend at The Cabin! It was beautiful up there... makes us wonder why the heck we live in the valley?!? (oh ya, work) Anyway, Jordan and Gram and Pop were up there with us. We had so much fun, as you can see from the pictures we just took it easy and enjoyed every minute. Unfortunately Camry got sick the second night and we ended up leaving a day early:( We are hoping to get up there again before October... anyone want to join us?

We went for walks to the store everyday to get a treat. A tradition I love from my childhood!
Gramm, Karsten, Pop, Blaine and Eddie


We went fishing... only caught a crawdad! The kids thought it was cool!

We rode motorcycles and quads... a lot!
Eddie

Me and Blaine

Grammy and Jordan


Jordan Climbed a very tall pine tree with no shoes on.
(I think he was dared.)

We played on the stage coach...

ate ice cream by the pond...

fed the goats...

and last but not least, we ate too much, played cards and enjoyed the scenery! Can't wait to get back! Thanks for all the fun Gram and Pop we love being there with you!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like fun and relaxing! Where up north do you go? It looks gorgeous and cool!

Maren said...

We went a couple of weeks ago and it was the best weather ever! We would gladly go again before October. Where's your cabin?

danberg said...

fun! i love that cabin, great memories :) i would love to go again, but just having a baby and all ..... ha! glad you got some vacation time. we should get together soon!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Super jealous! Wish we could've joined you guys- glad you had a fun trip!

Julie G. said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Melanie said...

I remember going there with you forever and ever ago! It was so fun. You look amazing by the way!

Melanie Allred said...

Shelly I have looked at your blog from time to time. I love seeing how your family is doing. I found your link on Kathi's blog. I have a blog now too Kathi has a link on her blog so you can check it out sometime.