Friday, October 17, 2008

10 Years.....

...more than we could have imagined.

This phrase kind of sums up our life together. Ten years ago today Eddie and I were married, we both agree that we have so much more joy, friendship, respect and LOVE in our lives now than we could have ever imagined on that day. Don't let me fool you...our story is not without struggle and contention BUT we have truly grown up together and are stronger for all we have gone through! I feel so blessed to be married to Ed, he knows me better than anyone else in this world and loves me all the more! He is a great friend and continually helps me to be a better mother, wife and person. He is the hardest worker I know and gives so much selflessly to our family. He is honest (sometimes brutally), determined, loyal, strong, HANDSOM and a great dad! I am looking forward to the next 10 years being married to this wonderful man!


Here are 10 pictures to celebrate our 10 years! (including the one at the top of the post.) Some are from before we got married...obviously! As I was looking for pictures I realized we need to take more pics of just the two of us.
Hope you get a good laugh!

Sadie Hawkins 1996
Prom 1998
1998

After our Sealing 1999

Snowboarding in Utah 2000

Our first dog 2000
Ed's birthday party at the lake 2001
Cinco De Mayo party 2005

2008

17 comments:

Lori said...

cute post...love the high school pictures. it is funny how time changes and how we change. i guess i never knew you had short hair. 10 years way to go!

Maranda Whittle said...

Happy Anniversary, you two!

Maren said...

Happy Anniversary! Those pictures brought back memories! I know what you mean about not having many pictures as a couple. Derek and I need more pictures together too.

Tawni said...

Wow, happy 10 years! It is fun seeing old pics of couples, thanks for sharing.
Oh, and for that pic of us that keta sent me, I had a nice hard laugh at that one!

Holly said...

Happy Happy Anniversary! What fun to see your pictures! I can just see us all at your 50th annv. party like Gram & Pop's. :)
And girl, I'm so with ya on the patience virtue... :)

Jen B said...

Ah Shell- Its been a joy in my life to watch you and Ed the last ten years! You're incredible and together you're unstopable! And what's ten years in the eternal picture of things anyway? Love you both with all my heart!

Jen B said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Natalie said...

Hapy Anniv! 10 years! Those are great pics!! We are jealous of your 90 degree weather!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I LOVE the pictures! What a Cute couple! Love you both!!

Terry said...

You guys have developed an incredible relationship. I love Eddie too and am glad he's your husband and my son-in-law. You are both such great parents and it has been amazing to watch you grow these past 10 years! 10 YEARS...I must be OLD! I love you! Mom

Julie G. said...

You guys are so freakin' cute, Shell! Congrats on 10 years! I love you.

Marquita said...

Holy Crap, I can't believe it's been 10 years. And those pictures? I remember most of them very well! Hope you have many, many more years together. Happy Anniversary!

Christina said...

Congratulations!! Wow!! That puts things in perspective for us too!! It wasn't long after you guys got hitched that we were too. We are so happy for you both. You guys look great and have such a cute little family!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!! Congrats on your big day again!! We will have to see you guys sometime when we head up that way.

Brooke said...

Congratulations on 10 Years!!! What a cute couple & family!!

Anonymous said...

how fun!!! I didn't know you guys were high school sweethearts. too cute!!! happy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

How fUn to see the sequense of photo's of you two. YOu guys are too cute...hope you guys had a good one!

Celeste said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I can't believe its already been that long!