Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memory Lane....

Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together.
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

12 comments:

danberg said...

How fun to think of all the things you put on my blog! Here are a few more ....
the Mesa High guys 'couching'
getting the teddy bears for christmas from shane and his friend
those yummy cookies shane always brought us
dairy queen
subway 6" sub eating contest at lunch with the mhs boys (that you won)

seriously, we have so many memories.

we need to do lunch soon. i have a summer camp i run that goes for two more weeks. after that its easier to schedule stuff in. we'll get together soon! love ya! Bek

Melanie said...

A favorite memory I have with you is going to your family's cabin. We rode there in that big yellow van your parents had that only had one big seat in the back. We rode on 3 wheelers or motorcycles, I don't remember which. There was a general store we went to every day and got Ruby Red Squirt. I had so much fun with you!

Maren said...

Wow- you're good! I think you covered most of our memories together- I had forgotten how often we hung out before kids! I also remember going to your parent's house on Karsten's blessing day, Saguaro Lake for one of her birthday parties where there were TONS of bees, and I remember coming over to see your deaf dog (you don't still have him do you?) And most recently, there's Grimaldi's- that was super fun and we need to do it again!

Amy F. said...

I remember (before Blane was born) going to that bead party, and I went a little wild, jk. No, I always love seeing how talented and creative you are! I was especially inspired by the fondant doll cake you made for Tayler's birthday. That was so sweet of you, and it turned out sooo cute! And I loved being your nursing buddy the day of Paityn's blessing. Can't wait to get our little one's together again!

Anonymous said...

First memory that comes to mind of the good ole days...if tping the Lisonbee's...how many times did we do that? Yeah we really did have a lot of fun as kids...

Anonymous said...

SOme stories I think you would kill me if I put on here. :)seriously

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know you!!!! The funny thing is I have this on my blog too. Mallory went to Parker with us this weekend and somehow we started talking about blogs and she said you had one.

Ok, so a memory I have of you....well it has to be us sitting at the soccer games. You were such a good soccer mom bringing oranges. You guys always came with Sonic and Blaine only wanted his Daddy. I remember when you found out you were expecting:) You were so funny about it!!!

Marquita said...

Wow, do you even want me to go there? Ha Ha! Where do I start?

Dendi covered TPing the Lisonbee's, but what about TPing Bill Annis. I was sooo in love with him.

Um, going to the mall (all the time), but remember when you peed your pants while we were there and so you went into the bathroom washed your shorts in the sink and then put them back on soaking wet. (yeah, I know that's the 2nd time I brought that up) Ü

Here are some more:
~Girls Camp
~Sleepovers
~Your dad's work Christmas parties
~Asking to drive your car because it didn't have power steering and it was fun to drive.
~Me ditching MHS to visit you at Red Mt. and going to sweep.
~What was the word that I used to say so much, that your dad would count how many times I said it when I was around him? Was it "just kidding"?

There's a billion more memories, but I'm not going to list them all. Ah, you gotta love those days! Love you!

Amy F. said...

Hey Shelly (u can delete this if u want). I just need your e-mail (going private). My e-mail is amyhfetter@gmail.com, or you can just put in my comment section. Thanks!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

I love reading the memories people have of you! Crazy girl! I remember sleeping on the top bunk and listening to you talk on the phone for hours- and you thought I was sleeping or maybe you just didn't care! I think Mallory did that to me too! And I loved spending the night- after you got married and watching movies all night! You have always been the best big Sis! Luv You!

Rhiannon said...

I don't have a specific one about you shelley (sorry) but I do have one about Eddie. I remember hanging out with the "boys" Reed, Owen, Gabe and Jamie. I remember the Yellow bronco at lunch time and some fun, crazy times down at the Salt River 4 wheeling in the Bronco. I am so glad that I had such good guy friends growing up.

the bowlin family said...

so fun that i finally found your blog. i love this post too. i know it is from a while ago, but it seems to be a great place to leave my first comment. i have so many fun memories with you, here are a few...remember these are from many years ago...

- trips in the back of the station wagon
- girl scout camping trips
- sewing with your super crafty mom
- making and eating homemade icing, yummy!
- closing off shadycreek dr. so that all of us could ride our bikes as if we were "driving." i remember your dad directing traffic.
- eating little ceasars pizza one evening when while it was snowing. then getting to spend the night because there was no school the next day.

well i could go on forever. i can't believe that we were neighbors for just a short time. we sure had a lot of fun.

love, steph
-